Monday, November 29, 2010

[BBC] Funky Phrasals - Health



[BBC] Funky Phrasals - Health

Read the conversation

VICKI:Hey Matt, are you feeling ok? I don’t think you’re looking too well today. Are you okay?
MATT:Am I okay? No, not really. I’ve got a temperature, a headache, a sore throat….I think I’m going down with something.
VICKI:Oh dear…I’d say you’re going down with the flu!
VICKI:So poor Matt is not very well.
MATT:Yes, I think I’m going down with the flu. But I’ve got to fight it off Vicki! We’ve got a programme to do.
VICKI:What a professional, trying not to let yourself get ill, trying to fight it off.
MATT:The show must go on!
VICKI:I’ve got some pain killers in my bag somewhere…Here…
MATT:Oh. Thanks, that should bring my temperature down.
VICKI:Yes, hopefully it’ll reduce your temperature.
VICKI:And here’s some water.
MATT:Thanks. Cold water will cool me down too.
VICKI:Yes, if you’re feeling hot and unwell, drinking water will stop you being so hot.
MATT:(drinks) Argh. That hurts my throat!
VICKI:Hmm you’re a difficult patient! Why don’t you go and have a bit of a lie down?
(MUSIC)
VICKI:So, Matt, how are you feeling now.
MATT:Oh…I’m feeling much better thanks! I think I’m getting over it all.
VICKI:Well that’s a relief.



 
Funky Phrasals
• to go down with something
• to fight something off
• to bring something down
• to cool down
• to get over

Practice : I think I'm going down with the flu.




No comments:

Post a Comment