Friday, November 5, 2010

[BBC] Funky Phrasals - School Days



Read the conversation

VICKI:We’re going to go back to school.
CALLUM:Because if you want to get ahead, you need a good education!
VICKI:That’s right. Well one way to get ahead with English is to use more phrasal verbs. For example:
CALLUM:'get ahead' Yes..my education certainly helped me get ahead – it helped me to become more successful than other people.
VICKI:It must have done Callum because now you’re working with me!
CALLUM:And that really is getting ahead!
VICKI:So what were your school days like, Callum?
CALLUM:Well..I suppose I got on okay.
VICKI:So you were quite successful.
CALLUM:I got on okay, yeah. Sometimes I messed around.
VICKI:Ah, you were sometimes naughty, and just played when you should’ve been working?
CALLUM:Yes, I messed around sometimes, just like most kids.


 
Funky Phrasals
- to get ahead
- to get on
- to mess around

Practice : If you want to get ahead you need a good education!


No comments:

Post a Comment